Thursday, December 23, 2010

YOUR COMMENTS / VIEWS


Aim of having the site is

- To connect all those who have roots in the village - Kandhala Jattan.

- To have a forum to share your views on the village and in the bargain see if we all can do something worthwhile towards the upliftment of the village.

Let us all join in and share our thoughts.

I have received a mail from one of NRI of our village. Here is it :-

"Satsariakal. My name is Amarjit S Dhaliwal, son of Bhulla Singh Godia, presently I live in Canada. I was born in Kandhala Jattan and grew up there while playing in different grounds and streets. I remember most of those beautiful memories from the time my brain started storing them. That is the main reason I visit my village and talk to my villagers every night in my dreams. I miss them both. I remember all of my teachers from 1st class to tenth whose contributions I can never forget.

I want my village to progress and villagers to prosper. That can be done by providing education to everyone in general and poor in particular. I have explicitly understood that education is one’s passport to prosperity and fast forward button to progress. It helps us to see things/issues from different perspectives.

I want my villagers to remain healthy and use preventive measure rather than corrective/fixing methods. There is a big problem of drugs in our village.Something must be done to curb that. Otherwise, those days are notaway when our daughters-in-law become widow during their prime youth.

Moreover, I want my villagers to remember the preaching of Guru Nanak who advised us to care and share, help others who need it most. We must take care of sick, poor, orphans,disadvantages and disables.We must also do something to convert “CHAPARS (ਛਪੜ)” the pond (Our forefather dug them to store water), that can be converted to make beautiful parks where people can sit and enjoy. We need to set up speed breakers for small children to cross the road to go to schools.

We, especially foreigners, must join together to change the fate of our village. Though we cannot fix each and every issue, yet we can make a difference. Anyone interested to discuss further can e-mail me at adhaliwal@shaw.ca."

You all can also pen your thoughts.

Our village has numerous problems. Village pond is one. Over the period of time it has got filled with muck and needs cleaning. In fact Government has a plan and number of villages have made use of the offer. Government gives grant to clean up ponds and develop it into fisheries farm or use for water harvesting. Someone has to explore this option. The pond can be cleaned and converted into a fish pond where it can be self sustaining through earnings from fishes. Someone can be given the contact for that. Village Punchayat should think about it.

Let us have views of you all.

2 comments:

  1. Sat Siri Akal. Sorry blogspot is new to me so i would just like to drop my feelings about this effort to document the pind and work towards its upliftment through social media.
    I am a college student from Delhi. I just want to say that i feel so good to see the common man especially the youth of Punjab taking care of our roots so pro actively especially when a lot of people are going to other countries mainly because of the unemployment in Punjab along with other reasons. Both my parents are from Hoshiarpur , my father being from Tanda and my mother from Talwandi Jattan (which is about 20 kms from Tanda and 30 kms from Kandhala Jattan...according to Google maps)
    When I visit my mother's maiden home I feel a sense of belongingness and imagine what life would've been if i grew up there but also kind of sad that I did not get a chance to grow up there. There is a lot of progress that even I can notice each time I visit but still a long way to go before the community of Punjab can become a self-sustaining and wholesome community.
    This is a good effort at pooling the involvement of the youth towards the betterment of the community of a single pind. Imagine what would happen if each pind was to utilize the social media in such a productive manner. I would love to see that happen.
    In case you view it feasible to work in partnership with another pind maybe you can work with Talwandi Jattan, the Sarpanch of which is my cousin.
    I give you my heartfelt wishes Mr P Singh for this effort and in whatever way you continue or have continued for the progress of Punjab in general. Contact: psahibsingh29@gmail.com.May god bless you and your pind with Chaldi Kala. Sat sri akal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks friend. Write about your village too.

    ReplyDelete